Brown ointment with a characteristic iodine odor.
Povidone-iodine is an antiseptic that is a complex of iodine and povidone, effective at a pH of 2 to 7. The bactericidal effect is due to free active iodine, which is released from the complex of povidone-iodine in the ointment.
Free iodine as a strong oxidizing agent reacts at the molecular level with insoluble fatty acids and practically non-oxidizing SH- and OH-groups of amino acids in enzymes and the main structural components of bacteria, both gram-positive and gram-negative, mycobacteria, fungi, especially Candida genus , various viruses and some protozoa.
However, for the complete inactivation of some viruses and bacterial spores, a sufficiently long period of exposure to the drug is necessary. There are no known cases of the development of resistance in microorganisms with prolonged use of povidone iodine.
Post-traumatic and postoperative wounds of various localization, burns, trophic ulcers, bedsores.
Skin infections of various etiologies, including infectious dermatitis and eczema. Damage to the skin of various origins (maceration, abrasion, bruises).
Avoid contact with the eyes.
100 g of ointment contains:
povidone-iodine (with 10% active iodine content) – 10 g of
macrogol-400g macrogl .
Hypersensitivity reactions to the drug are possible: delayed-type allergic reactions (itching, redness of the skin, blisters) or immediate-type allergic reactions (anaphylactoid reactions).
Long-term use of the drug (more than 7-10 days) and application to large skin surfaces, extensive wounds due to absorption can cause iodism (metallic taste in the mouth, excessive salivation and lacrimation, swelling of the mucous membranes) and systemic reactions (metabolic acidosis, hyponatremia, impaired renal and thyroid function), when they appear, stop using the drug and consult a doctor.
With intense absorption of iodine over a long period, the following symptoms may be noted: tachycardia, agitation, trembling, and headache.
In this case, stop using the drug immediately and consult a doctor.
Store at 2 ° C to 25 ° C in a dark place.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Terms and conditions